This is the set of waypoints and tracks as published by Halfmile for the Pacific Crest Trail in 2013.
All points are freshly imported. Take a look to make sure we got it right.
To use this file:
- Place the pct_2013.bcn file in the bcnav/data folder on your device (usually this is something like /mnt/sdcard/bcnav/data.
- Open BackCountry Navigator.
- Choose Trip Data-> Load Existing Trip.
- Choose pct_2013 in the list.
You may still need to download some appropriate maps, but this will get you started.
If you are trying to download this through your mobile browse, please note that it is contained within a zip file.
- Before downloading, be sure you have a File Explorer app such as "File Explorer" that can handle zip files. Most phones and tablets do not come with one.
- When the browser downloads files, it usually puts them in a folder called "Download" on the storage.
- You will need to open the zip file and Copy the PCT_2013.bcn.
- You will need to browse to the bcnav/data folder and paste the file.